Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Where do I start...

This is probably a surprise to most people. Only immediate family and close friends knew that we were thinking about adoption. We've had it on our hearts for awhile now but I can't keep it in any longer. So thats why I started this blog.

I guess I will start with how this all came about. We have some really good friends (I know God put them in our lives for a reason) that adopted a precious little girl from China. Well for over a year now I would catch myself going to the website of the adoption agency they used to bring their little girl home. I would go there at least once or twice a month just to find out more, reading the same things over and over again. I guess I was very curious you could say. Drew would ask me what are you looking at and when I would tell him he would just look at me and walk away. Finally I said something to him about how I felt God was leading me to adopt. I told him all about adopting from China (which you have to be 30) and he said When we turn 30 we will talk about it then. So that kept me quiet for awhile but again I would go to the website and read the same stuff over and over. It just really hurt my heart to know that there are so many children around the world who need a family to love them and care for them. So I brought it up again this time we talked more about it. And his main concern was the expense of the adoption process (which I understand) So I was reading a post on the agency's facebook page where someone was going through the same thing with her husband. They told her to pray that God would give him wisdom and guidance...well thats what I started doing. I didn't push or force I prayed. And now a year later Drew came to me and said lets find out more about adopting. Wow, God is good isn't he? Its been a couple months since we really started talking about it together as a family...And boy has it had its ups and downs already. Please pray for us as we set out on this amazing journey of faith, hope and love.

1 comment:

  1. Are you surprised that I have chills reading this? I had no idea how God was using YouYou's story, and now all I can think is who is going to be affected by the sweet child that you bring into your family? We just never know God's big and perfect plan. Sometimes we can look back and see His reasons and purposes, but sometimes we can't see it here on earth. We love your sweet family, and we look forward to walking this amazing journey with you.

    ReplyDelete