Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our 1st official fundraiser

We have received several gifts towards our adoption and we are thankful for every single one..... But I think its time to step it up a little. We are starting our 1st "official" fundraiser to try and raise money for our adoption.

It's actually 2am and I'm wide awake. I tried to go to bed but it seem like God was telling me that I need to start right now if we are going to try to raise funds for our adoption. I don't like asking for help. Its never really been a strong suit for me...but it seem like the Lord was telling me ask and you shall receive. Matthew 7:7 says "Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." So I'm asking for your help because we can't do this alone.

As a Mary Kay consultant I receive 50% of whatever I sell. A satin hands set is $36 (tax included) so $17 of that will go directly towards our adoption. Now with Christmas coming up everyone is starting to do some shopping. Think about all the people on your list...friends, family, co-workers, teachers....Why not give them a gift that will also help bring a child home? You could write a little note explaining that the gift they just received came along with an eternal gift...the gift of bringing an orphan home!

If you are not familiar with the satin hands set It exfoliates, cleanses, and hydrates your hands in 3 easy steps. Its also great on your feet =) It comes in peach fragrance or fragrance free. And to make gift giving easy it comes in its very own matching gift bag. With the cold weather on its way your hands tend to get dry and chapped. So this really is the perfect gift for someone for Christmas.

I can come to you and get your order, you can mail it to me, or if you see me in person you can just hand it to me. Whatever works best for you!

Please help us spread the word about this fundraiser. We are trying to raise a big chunk of the home study fee so we can get this process started. We are so excited and promise that your love and kindness will NEVER be forgotten. James 1:27 says "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for the orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." Thank you for you love, prayers and support!

1 comment: