Thursday, December 15, 2011

Helping Hands Snowman

In a one week period we sold about $1500 worth of Mary Kay products....which means we got $750 for our adoption! Thank you... Thank You.... Thank you. I had no idea that we would sell that much. In fact it was a last minute decision to put it all together and I was worried that I wouldn't even sell enough to cover my out off pocket expense for the inventory...Boy was I wrong. Philippians 4:6 says "Don't worry about anything instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all HE has done." Prayer is a powerful thing. I posted on facebook the morning that I started "You will never know unless you try" I'm so thankful that I tried and I'm so thankful for all the friends, family, co-workers and neighbors who did some shopping and supported our adoption at the same time!










Remember that all my Mary Kay profits will go toward our adoption. So if you didn't get to order for Christmas any order you place at anytime will be for our adoption. I have several friends wanting to do a party around Valentine's Day so it would be great to raise $750 again through Mary Kay. There are tons of ideas for parties and its a lot of fun. With the new lip gloss that just came out we could do "A love your lips party" Simple but fun. If you don't want to do a whole Mary Kay party you could just do a Girl's Night Out/game night and I could set up a display of products, talk about our adoption and take orders without even taking off your make-up! Please think about hosting a party to help us raise funds. We can work it how ever you want.

Also I wanted to tell you about what the kids did. They wanted to do something to help raise money So they said lets have a lemonade stand....Well in mid December that just won't work out too well. So we used our neighbors idea of ornaments. Since its Christmas time we decide to make snowmen ornaments and try to sell them for $5 each. The kids made these out of their hand prints and helped me paint them. Each little snowman is one of their fingers. They turned out really cute. I love how they want to be involved and help do their part to bring their brother or sister home. If you would like to purchase one please let me know. Spread the word to others that might like to purchase one. $5 to most is a small amount but it adds up when everyone pitches in. We still have a long ways to go but every little bit counts. And for them to know that they had a part in this journey and that they helped is priceless. When I look at their ornaments and I see their little hand prints It reminds me of their "Helping Hands" in this process of bringing 1 home.



















1 comment: